Thursday, November 20, 2008

Girl Fix - Selma Gnificient Blair

Dear Santa,
I know it's already mid-December, and that it would require quite some time to manufacture one of these but, still, I want one for Christmas. Thank you in advance for doing your best, I deserve it.
Yours truly,

Lezliemac

Hey, who doesn’t want such a hottie under the Xmas Tree ? A piercing gaze under the misseltoe? I don’t have that many girl crushes (many = any number that’s over 1, right ?) but seing Hellboy II : The Golden Armies reminded me that Miss Selma Blair Beitner is one of them. And a rather undervalued one, I feel ! So my pseudo vaguely scientific half of a brain and I came up with a few reasons for this oh-so-illogical infatuation :

The piercing gaze

No X-ray glasses needed.

The oddness
What I like in Selma is her being slightly «odd». She’s got that unconventional je-ne-sais-quoi that triggers unspeakable things in me. It must be all these un-legally-blondesque roles :

Big Mama ain't got nothing on her

Super Baddass Firestarter Liz Sherman.
That chick is on fire (insert laughs)

The Girl-next-door Factor
Even when going undercover as ordinary, she just screams sexy. There's some kind of vulnerability showing on the surface, behind the stone cold exterior, leaving me wondering whether the lady is about to crack up with an endeering gentle smile or to turn into a vicious nymphomaniac..

Nerdy innocent biatch à la Legally Blonde

Miss Trailer-Park

The haircuts
Selma has the exquisite habit of changing hairdo as often as Shane hopefully changes her bedsheets. I will save you the endless pics illustrating the perfectness of her chameleon-osity, but one.

It's like Tegan and Sara without the twin ! That one screams dyke in my book ! Ok, it's wishful thinking. But still. Me likey.

Raaaawwwwrrrrrr

The Perfect Pin-up Pretty
Selma Blair knows her history and seems to pay obvious tributes to RIP Betty Page (rather impressively I'd add)

Be my bondage Queen

The Damn-she's-so-hot-I-just-lost-my jaw Factor
Errr, well. Selma also speaks, sometimes : "I'm a character actress. I don't bleach my teeth, I chain-smoke, I'm flat-chested, I don't mind being nude, I'm not precious, I'm pale as a ghost, I have crow's feet, and I believe I can play anybody.", said the bold and beautiful*. Now THAT's my kinda girl. Trashy, big-mouthed and who doesn't mind being in the nude...She also said somewhere/somehow (couldn't care less where or how) that she disliked the oddness in her, the one that landed her all those quirky parts. As if odd was antithetical with über-hot. I beg to differ...

Can I be the ghetto blaster?

Plus, would a non-hottie actress ever get her own doll?

My point exactly. Hot. That's my final answer. Oh, and there's that, too....


I thought so too...
Now that we collectively agree on the drooling, here's a little game for you. I came up with Selma Gnificient, it's your turn now. Come up with your own, kinky name for the dark eyed hottie...
The best inanity will win, erm… something really cool. [Selma Sturbation, Selma Taylor Is Rich and Selma Caroni I already figured out]

*On her career, Dazed and Confused via Just Jared

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sell my Blur album on ebay

Anonymous said...

Sell my blur album on ebay.

I know.

Pure genius.


egon-b

Anonymous said...

how about
Selma Mamiayoursohotimblind
or
Selma Riachisareunderated ?

L said...

Hiya,

Selma never did much for me as far as girl crushes go but I have to honest here.. she looks pretty hot in that movie poster pic. Leather and fire.. Yum! Happy New Year!

Rosie said...

Never saw that video before but obviously, Selma was more into it than SMG...