Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Go to sleep a little wiser - Lez' scientifacts


Welcome readers, to yet another educationnal subject, because, in case you didn't know, I'm a complete dork. (Does that make me a lesbian Clark Kent ? We'll adress this topic another time.) Today, I would like to share newly acquired wisdom on how women's body work (my personal holy cup, my cookie jar, my motherland ...*wink*).

While I have almost recovered from my bed-related acrobatics, I still get to visit my gigantic homo physiotherapist daily. Today, as if walking around single-shouldered wasn't enough, I showed up with a really really unpleasant painful pain in my left knee (the right one is fine, thank you). So, willing to discover the mysterious cause for said pain, my faggy-physio (try saying that 20 times in a row...) set about reading my body. Yuuhuuh. Reading. He grabbed both my ankles (no cuffs involved, pervs, not this time), closed his eyes and, I guess, started turning the pages of me. That means getting vibrations or whatnots from the various layers of me (I'm an onion).

And out of the blue, he asked me if it was my time of the month. From my ankles? Really ? Unflinching, I answered, why, yes, it is the 22nd of October today ! Mister Physio then explained me how my uterus was talking to him ...(I'm sending him my next GF for crash training). But since an active vajayjay is normal for me (yes it is, zip it), he proceeded to further investigate my lower stata. And found out that I had some recalcitrant muscle somewhere below that needed fixing.

Then, and that's where it gets interesting, he told that women's hormonal activity had a tremendous influence on the entire body. Duh. Ever heard of PMS? But no. He meant more than just irrational, M.Hyde-like behaviors. Actually, all those hormones (things that end in -gen or -one, like oestrogen, progesterone, mascarpone..) partying while you're suffering and bleeding and being a giant paint in the butt, well, hormones render ligaments, sinew and other fibrous tissues looser than usual. Which could explain why you can get random sprains or twists at that time of the month. Yep. There. You're smarter now.

So next time, instead of mentally applying a fist impact right between your annoying colleague's little sweaty porcine eyes, tell him/her that he/she is lucky you can't smack him/her right now, because it would cause you to sprain your knuckles. And you need those. Then, carelessly add you also don't want to hurt your eyes by looking at him/her and walk away. Optic nerves are a fibrous tissue after all...

NOTE: I bet I'd use "fibrous tissue" on my blog. I won.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tend to get sleepy when mascarpone runs through my veins... :D

Anonymous said...

I know when my mascarpone levels are high I'm just a complete bitch!!

Lezlie Mac said...

egon dear, I didn't know you even HAD mascarpone..Have you had a sex change ?

Julie, how do you measure you mascarpone levels? I use a cup...

Anonymous said...

lol! Me and my fibrous tissue are always loose around PMS time! I think we're loose and limber er, a really good reason... to engage in the invading of the Motherland! *wink*

Anonymous said...

Oh, forgot to say, I love the new header. Neat! :)

Butch Boo said...

Did you know your eyes (ever so minutely) bulge so very very slightly when hormonal- making our hand to eye co-ordination much more difficult. Hence the increased clumsiness.

BB

X

The Surprise Dyke said...

I'm totally claiming this as my reason for injury while walking! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hey there! This is Shannon - I write the Lesbian in Paris blog on thesmokingcocktail.com

I read your comment and would actually really love to have a conversation at some point about French/Parisian gay/lesbian culture, etc.

Email if you're interested: sconnolly9@gmail.com

Thanks!!!

-Shannon

DawgDyke said...

There really should be a 'switch' for lesbians to turn off the monthly torture we endure ... and for what??

The switch would allow us to turn it off and back on ...

Anonymous said...

"egon dear, I didn't know you even HAD mascarpone..Have you had a sex change ?"

Is there a joke I don't get ? o_O

egon-b